Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Universal Infant Free School Meal. If your child is in Year 3 or above, and you receive certain benefits, you may also be entitled to free school meals.
Why should I register for a free meal?
Taking up free school meals has benefits for everyone:
- children get a healthy nutritious meal
- the school can claim an additional £1320 to support your child.
- families entitled to free school meals could save more than £400 per child per year.
Who qualifies for free school meals?
Free school meals are offered to children of families who receive:
- Income support
- Income Based Jobseeker Allowance (IBJSA)
- Employment & Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA(IR))
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (TC602) - if you have a yearly income of less than £16,190 and do not get working tax credit, then your child/children are entitled to free school meals
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit (M1000 Award Notice)
- Universal Credit.
How to apply for free school meals?
If you think you qualify for free school meals then you can apply through the Local Authority online form, LINK TO ONLINE FORM. Please note that you will need an email address in order to complete the form. If you cannot use the form, please collect an paper application form from the school office.