24th April 2020 Weekly Covid-19 update – Week One Summer Term
24th April 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Weekly Covid-19 update – Week One Summer Term
I hope you and your families are all well and safe. These are difficult times for us all and our thoughts are with all families in our Claycots Community.
The Town Hall Campus remains closed, if you need to contact the school by phone please call the Britwell Campus between 8.00am and 3.00pm on 01753 521215.
General email enquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding concerns should be sent to: email@example.com
The children can also use the Worry Box link on the school’s website to communicate with the school if they have any worries:
Twitter updates can be found at @ClaycotsSchool.
Next week, the Britwell Campus will remain open for Key Worker children and vulnerable families only. The school will be open from 8.00am to 3.00pm and we will be open for the Key Worker children and vulnerable children from 8.30am to 3.00pm.
All other families need to follow the DFE guidelines and not attend the school during the lockdown.
Most Key Worker families have contacted us to register for this childcare at the Britwell Campus, but if you are a Key Worker and haven’t registered for next week or the following weeks, please contact the school.
I am extremely grateful to our staff that are volunteering during these difficult times and come to work to support our Key Worker families and our vulnerable children. A big thank you and a ‘big clap’ for our Key Workers.
There are a number of ways that children can learn at home:
- Stay at Home Packs for each year group – /2241/stay-at-home-packs
(These are refreshed every Friday afternoon. This means that a new pack of work will be added each Friday afternoon (for the following week) and the old study pack will be removed from our website.)
- Claycots’ Twitter challenges for year groups – weekly activity
- Mathletics, Spelling Shed and Bug Club portal activities - please EMAIL the school if there are issues with your child’s log in
- BBC website and Oak National Academy lessons – on our website: /2419/20th-april-oak-national-academy-and-bbc-resources
- Other DfE resources listed on our website;
- Our online fitness/sports page:
- Activities at home including cooking and art and craft or making a video for our Twitter Page or have a look at the Scouts Website for 100 different ideas for the indoors??.
Free School Meal Vouchers - Edenred Vouchers
There have been lots of issues with their website and we ask that families continue to be patient. On another note, it is absolutely essential that the school has the correct email address to distribute these vouchers.
The school understands the frustration that parents are having with the Voucher system. The school is equally frustrated by the delays. We apologise for the delays but this is caused by the enormous volume of requests for vouchers across the country and the system developed by Edenred.
Please continue to check your emails and refer to the Edenred guidance below before contacting the school.
There has been a high volume of enquiries to the school, and some of the queries could have been answered by following the guidance below.
Please refer enquiries first to Edenred's helpdesk – the telephone number is 0333 400 5932 and the email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further guidance and advice for parents:
- Please check your junk email box for the Edenred Voucher or email.
- It is taking a long time to Redeem the 16-digit code and receive your voucher. Please be patient.
- Please ensure the school has the correct email address.
- If you need to contact the school, please include your children’s names and classes in your enquiry.
- Please be patient as the value of the Vouchers we have processed so far does cover the period from Easter to May 8th 2020.
Further guidance can be found here:https://www.edenred.co.uk/Documents/DfE/DfE_FreeSchoolMeals_ParentCarerFAQs.pdf
Wishing all of our members of the Claycots Community the very best at this difficult time.
Best wishes and take care,