Care For 2 Year Olds
Does your two year old qualify for free early years education?
15 hours of free early years education is available if your child is two and you have other older children who are entitled to free school meals or you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual income as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after employment finishes
- The child is looked after by a local authority for instance a fostered child
You are likely to qualify for 15 hours per week of early education for your child which can be taken over a minimum of two days.
Contact your Health Visitor or the Local Authority who will complete an application form for you. Enigma Childcare can also make an application on your behalf.
Once approved, the places are generally available from the term after your child is two until the end of the term after their third birthday (at which point they automatically qualify for the free 15 hours per week early education places available to all three and four year olds) . We will try and ensure that the place is located as conveniently and as flexibly as possible to suit your needs but places will be subject to availability.
Check you eligibly for funding here:
Download a Slough application form here:
For more information or help to complete the form, contact the Enigma Childcare team.
Telephone: 01753 531415