We are committed to providing all pupils with the best possible learning opportunities, using teaching strategies which are proven to be effective and evidence based. Our aim is for our pupils to develop:
· an enjoyment of learning through practical activity, investigation, exploration; mental exertion and discussion;
· confidence and competence with numbers and the number system;
· the ability to solve problems through connecting ideas, decision-making and applying their mathematical skills in a range of contexts, including other subjects such as Science;
· the ability to reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, developing an argument and making justifications using mathematical language;
· a practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented;
Above all, we foster positive attitudes towards Mathematics by developing pupils’ confidence, independence, persistence and co-operation skills.
In our Maths lessons, we therefore follow the Singapore Maths or mastery approach to teaching, using the resources produced by Maths No Problem! In 2017 a Department for Education expert panel assessed all the textbooks and resources available to support teaching for mastery. They judged that Maths No Problem! alone met their stringent core criteria. As a result, the Maths — No Problem! Primary Series is the only recommended textbook for schools on the mastery programme.
The following link will take you to a series of short videos for parents, that briefly explain the approaches to the fundamentals of the programme:
Below are 'at a glance' plans for the academic year, for each year group.
|Maths at Claycots.pdf||04th Oct 2017||Download|
|MathsNoProblem Year 1 overview.png||04th Oct 2017||Download|
|MathsNoProblem Year 2 overview.png||04th Oct 2017||Download|
|MathsNoProblem Year 3 overview.png||04th Oct 2017||Download|
|MathsNoProblem Year 4 overview.png||04th Oct 2017||Download|
|MathsNoProblem Year 5 overview.png||04th Oct 2017||Download|
|Yr6 medium term math planning 2017 2018.pdf||04th Oct 2017||Download|